Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, April 18, 2024

Cadence's 10th Birthday - Part 1

To continue with our season of birthdays Cadence celebrated her 10th birthday on April 7th.  Her birthday weekend started on Friday after school with a birthday play date with one of her best friends.

First on the agenda was to go to the Y to go swimming.  After a couple hours there we came home, and while I got their lunch ready they worked on a couple crafts.

I made paint palette sugar cookies that they decorated with icing and smarties for paint, and then they painted flower pots.




 
 
Then it was time for lunch.  Cadence had requested a tea party.  They had 4 choices of teas, cucumber and cream cheese sandwiches, tuna salad sandwiches, shrimp with cocktail sauce, veggies and tzazkiki, strawberries, raspberries and apples, and sugar and oreo cookies.






I made them each an individual birthday cake decorated to look like a hydrangea flower.  I don't think I used the right piping tip.  They didn't quite turn out as I had envisioned.  Cadence thought they were cute and tasty so that is all that matters.  They were confetti cake with strawberry cream filling and a cream cheese icing.



It was a great birthday play date, and a fun start to a fantastic birthday weekend.  Stay tuned for part two.

No comments:

Post a Comment