Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, August 5, 2013

My Birthday Weekend

This past weekend to all Canadians was the August long weekend - but to me it will always be - "My Birthday Weekend!!"

It started with us travelling to Lethbridge to drop the boys off at my sister's house.  She and Jared were keeping them for the night.  The boys were very excited to be staying over and being able to see their cousins.

After dropping the boys off we checked into our hotel and then went to the Firestone for dinner.  I have only been once before and once again we had a great meal.  We had a lobster artichoke dip to start.  I had a salmon osso bucco so delicious, and Jason had a New York steak.  For dessert we had creme brulee.  They almost had to roll me out!

During dinner Jason surprised me with my birthday present.  It is from the Two Souls collection - I think it is so pretty!


Then we went to the movie - "Now You See Me".  I thought it was a good movie.  It was so nice to have a romantic evening with my husband, and thank you so much to my sister and brother in law for watching our boys for us.

Saturday morning (my actual birthday) after breakfast we went and picked up the kids.  They bought me the new J.K. Rowling book - I'm excited to take it camping.  Then we headed to Cardston for an Atwood reunion.  It was nice to see family and of course to eat (the Atwoods know how to put on a spread - yum). The boys had so much fun playing baseball with their dad and uncle, having a water gun fight (Bowen shot his unsuspecting Grandma right in the back), participating in a donut eating race, and roasting marshmallows over the campfire.







I even got birthday cake this year as my mother-in-law and aunts had brought a cake and cupcakes.  It was a great birthday!!

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday! There's nothing better than getting to spend your birthday with family. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice ring!! What a perfect little get away.

    ReplyDelete