Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dressing "Sharp" and a 200th Blog Post Contest

My son Ashton will be turning 8 this month.  In our religion this age is of great importance as it is when we are baptized.  In preparation for this event we thought we'd get Ashton some new church clothes as he has grown out of everything he wears.   So we headed to the mall this morning. 

I thought we'd get him a new pair of slacks and shoes and a new white shirt - but Ashton had something else in mind.  He wanted a suit!  He's never owned a suit and he really wanted one.  He slipped on a little jacket and I just couldn't say no he looked adorable!  Although I doubt he'd appreciate me saying that.  The word I used with him was "sharp".

As soon as we got home he insisted on trying on his new outfit.

The shirt we bought came with a "real" tie, not a clip on or zip up.  Ashton's Dad gave him his first lesson in tying ties.
The complete look - new shoes and all!

I'm so proud of Ashton and the wonderful young man he's becoming.  He looks so handsome in his new suit!


200th Blog Post

This post is my 200th blog post.  So to celebrate I thought it was time for another little contest.   All you need to do to enter is either comment on this blog post, or on my link on facebook and I will put your name in for a draw.  

What fabulous prize is available you might ask?  The prize will be a dozen of my world famous (okay maybe not world famous but they are really good) chocolate chip cookies and a lovely set of bath items!!

You have until midnight Monday, March 5th to enter.  The draw will be made Tuesday, March 6th.

Good Luck!!

8 comments:

  1. I would totally enter this but the last thing I need is a dozen of the world's best cookies.

    Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you win you can give the cookies to your kids and keep the bath stuff for yourself!

      Delete
  2. Looking pretty handsome there Ashton. Looks like he is a future missionary for sure. Yes, I want to enter and see if I win this time. Is this where I enter? Please add me to the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look awesome. I won last time so I am not entering, although Cora said she would like to enter:) Can't wait until the baptism!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He looks so sharp and Congrats on being back on track, and I'll eat the cookies ANYTIME!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right, he does look sharp! Although in your defence I think adorable is the more appropriate term as well! And I can't possibly pass up an opportunity to win some super yummy cookies, my ultimate weakness! See you in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay - second time I thought I left a comment and then come back to find no comment of mine in sight. Do I forget to hit publish or something? I'll figure it out this time - especially if you are now reading this. I'm in for cookies (also don't need them but I'll just "budget" for them) and a home spa is also a welcome treat. Your boy looks so grown up - I'm looking forward to some fun with them both next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete