Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day

It was a low key valentines at our house this year.  Firstly, only Bowen needed to do valentines for school.  Apparently, Ashton is too old!  Tuesday Bowen got his valentines ready for school the next day while I prepared cupcakes for his class party.



Free printable online, and glow sticks from the dollar store.



Saturday after we put the kids to bed Jason and I had a romantic dinner for two.  Jason planned the entire menu and prepared the most delicious meal for me.  He spend hours in the kitchen preparing.


He knew each course would take a bit of prep work so he wanted me in the kitchen with him so he set up a "chef's table" for us.


First course - the appetizer.  Crab salad on cucumber slices with smoked paprika.  These were so delicious - I wanted more, but needed to save room for the rest of the meal.  He even went and bought white dishes (I don't have any), so the plating would be pretty.




Next course - a fantastic salad with mixed greens, poached pears, red bell peppers, etc. with a homemade red bell pepper/balsalmic dressing.



The third course - a homemade roasted butternut squash soup, with toasted garlic baguette slices.   Also amazing!!





The main course - Steak Oscar, one of my favorites.  Steak wrapped in bacon, topped with asparagus, crab meat and made from scratch bearnaise sauce, with roasted cauliflower puree and roasted red pepper puree.  It was so incredibly good, but I was sure getting full at this point.




Not that we had much room left but last course - dessert.  A layered frozen dessert.  Top layer icecream with oreos, then a strawberry layer, then a chocolate ganache layer and lastly an oreo cookie crust.  So yummy!!


Such an amazing dinner and evening with my hubby.  I'm so blessed to be with such an amazing, talented, sweet, generous, loving husband (but don't tell him I told you that!)



Happy Valentine's Day!!

4 comments:

  1. Agree. That's amazing. Definitely top marks for presentation as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing hubby you have Lainie. He could be a chef. His talent was certainly shown in all he prepared for you, and they looked just like the finest restaurants in the city. What a treat for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a special night!!! One you won't soon forget!!! Great job Jason!!!! Love you guys!!

    ReplyDelete