Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, December 16, 2013

Holiday Recital 2013

Sunday I hosted my student holiday recital.  It was a full house - 23 out of my 27 students were able to attend.  When they first arrived they entered a "guess how many candy santas are in the jar".  Alana won with her guess being within 2 of the correct number.

Then the kids played their pieces for each other.  Everyone did a great job.  I also had 4 guitar students who performed and 6 who sang.  Ashton played Yankee Doodle and Bowen sang Silent Night.







After the performances I had some snacks for the kids.  We had sausage, cheese, crackers, pickles, chips, grapes, rice krispie squares and Cadbury chocolate fingers.




It was a great time.  I enjoy teaching these great kids and to see them progress in their musical studies.

4 comments:

  1. That is nice to do them all together. How long are they there at your house?
    I diviide them up into 3 nights, my treats are peppermint icecream and sugar music note cookies. Then a bag of goodies for them to take home. Don't know how I would get 33 students in here at once. Nice to have a big house. Looks like a lovely evening. I have one tonight, and then tomorrow night, and then MERRY CHRISTMAS..........Enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They came from 4:00 until 5:30 p.m. It is pretty squishy!

      Delete
  2. What a great bunch of students. I bet it is lots of fun to move that piano:) Glad it was a nice night. You always make it so great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite the crowd! Do you invite just the students to perform for each other, and not the parents? I like that idea (a little less intimidating for the kids, and not so crowded for you). Guessing you invite everyone when you hold it at the church or some other location.

    ReplyDelete