Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Tough Lessons

Yesterday after school a little neighbour kid came to the door and asked Bowen if he wanted to come out and play.  Bowen asked me if it was alright and out he went.  A few minutes later he came back and he looked upset.  It took a bit of prying but he finally admitted to me that a few weeks ago he and his friend had broken something in the neighbour's backyard and he wasn't allowed to play in their backyard anymore.

We had a long discussion about admitting our mistakes and how he should have talked to us and to the parents of his friend as soon as it had happened.  With Bowen's baptism coming up on Saturday it was a good opportunity to talk to him about the steps of repentance and that it meant more than just saying sorry to me.

When Bowen's dad got home from work, he and Bowen went over to the neighbours to apologize.  He was pretty scared and a few tears were shed.  I was proud of Bowen for admitting he was wrong and trying to make it right.  He was happy that the mom told him she was pleased he had come to apologize and he was welcome to come over and play anytime.

Some lessons are tough to learn!

2 comments:

  1. Great lesson for him right before his baptism. Good on you and Jason for handling it right. Bowen will probably never forget this experience.
    Hope you are all doing ok. Sheri keeps me updated.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is a little harsh that the parents would ban him without talking to you guys, but glad everything turned out. It is a good lesson. Better to learn while young.

    ReplyDelete