Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, August 29, 2016

Camping - In the Rain

Jason was able to take a couple of weeks off from work in August and we planned a few little holidays for our family.  The first was a camping trip to Moyie Lake in B.C.

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not much of a fan of camping.  However, my family loves to go camping so I tolerate the activity and actually usually quite enjoy myself.  It helps that Jason is kind enough to usually find me a camp ground that has flushing toilets and showers, and does most of the cooking.

We woke up early Monday morning, packed up and headed on our adventure.

All ready to go!


Filled to the rafters.

On the way we stopped at Lundbreck Falls to eat the picnic lunch we had packed.



We continued on to our campsite and got everything set up then headed into Cranbrook to eat at ABC Restaurant.  There used to be an ABC Restaurant right beside our house that is now a different restaurant (that we do not like very much), so it was fun to go again.

Everyone enjoyed being around camp, especially Cadence.  Anytime we left she was always asking when we were going back to her campsite.

Lazy mornings in the tent.



Favorite thing to do - sit around the fire.



Another favorite activity - exploring

Only my husband needs a slurpee when camping.


We had a fun four days.  It was on the cooler side so we stayed away from the beach, but we headed into Cranbrook to swim at their pool.  There were slides, waves and a kiddie area for Cadence.  Lots of fun - and warm!

One day we headed to Fort Steele.  It was nolstagic for Jason as he went as a kid.  It is like Heritage Park here in Calgary.  The kids had lots of fun.  We lucked out and it did not start raining until we were driving out of the parking lot.


Ashton checking out the jail cell.





Headed back to the campsite to make dinner.  It was interesting preparing in the rain and we ended up eating in the truck.  It makes for great memories though.


Not upset because it was raining, but because I would not let her eat raw onion.

So delicious!!
The morning we were packing up and leaving was a gorgeous day - so I insisted that we at least visit the beach before we left.


Not the least bit alike - ha ha




We had a great time together as a family despite the weather.  We made memories I hope the kids remember for years to come.

3 comments:

  1. What a fun trip!!! Sounds like despite the rain it was a great time!!! Special memories for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first thought of Cadence being upset was she didn't like the rain. That is to funny. Love Fort Steele. Looks like a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next time let her eat the onion .. and THEN take the picture!

    ReplyDelete