Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, September 23, 2016

Another Year Older

August is my birthday month!  Yes, you read that correctly, my birthday month.  I like to stretch out the celebrating.  My actual birthday was pretty quiet.  Jason was at work but Ashton made me a wonderful breakfast.  He is becoming quite a good cook.


Once Jason got home from work we had party food for supper - hotdogs, chips and pop.  Jason and the boys made my favorite cake for dessert.  Yummy german chocolate cake!!




I got a new purse and wallet that I had bought (for myself) at a bag party my sister hosted a couple weeks prior.  I love them.


Jason and the kids got me a canvas print of Gustav Klimt's "The Kiss" (one of my favorite paintings).  I've added it to my other Klimt print in my bedroom.



On the weekend Jason had arranged for my mom to come up and babysit the kids and he whisked me away for a little getaway.  We headed north and stopped at Cross Iron Mills and did some window shopping.  Then we ate at Milestones - so delicious, and then went to the new Star Trek movie.

We continued onto Airdrie and stayed at a brand new, lovely hotel.  After the free breakfast the next morning Jason had one last surprise for me.  In Airdrie there is a huge vintage, antique store called "Where on Earth Did You Get That".  I was in heaven.  Such a great store.  It was loaded with lots of fun treasures.  I couldn't help but think how much my dad would have loved it too.



We took our time exploring, and I left with one little treasure.


It was a wonderful weekend with my sweetheart and the perfect wrap up to my birthday.  I'm very blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment