Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Posterity

When I was a kid, whenever we'd come to Calgary and happen to drive over cemetery hill my dad would always say "hey look, people are dying to get in there!" - or some variation.  His corny, slightly inappropriate joke would be met with eye rolls and "oh dad".

Ever since we've had kids, every time we drive over cemetery hill I say "hey kids look, people are dying to get in there!".  I laugh every time!!  My joke is met with eye rolls and "oh mom", etc.

The other day the kids and I were driving to pick up Jason from work.  Jason works downtown on 17th near the Saddledome.  As we were driving over cemetery hill Bowen says to me "mom look out your window", I looked to the left and quickly said, "hey look, people are dying to get in there!".  Bowen says to me - "mom you almost forgot".

It warmed my heart that he reminded me.  I hoped that my dad got a glimpse of that exchange and it made him smile.  I'm sure my kids will tell the same corny joke to their kids.



4 comments:

  1. Even though we seem not to impress our kids it amazes me what they pick up. It made me smile too!!! Jared too says that every time we pass a cemetery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me more than smile. At least he wasn't boring��

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me more than smile. At least he wasn't boring! Mom

    ReplyDelete