Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, July 4, 2013

Squirrels, Skunks, and Gophers, Oh My!

So I mentioned on a blog post a few days ago that we had caught and relocated a skunk who had taken up residence in our backyard.  Well it turns out that it was just a baby.  The next night I noticed a big skunk on the back deck as well as another little one in the side yard.  Good grief!  I guess we're not quite done trapping and relocating skunks.  I'm a little nervous about Jason trapping the big one - I hope it doesn't give him any trouble.

In addition to our skunk troubles we now seem to have a problem with gophers.  I've seen at least one and it has taken a liking to digging up my flower pots each night.




I thought moving from the farm to the city I wouldn't have these kinds of problems.  It has definitely hampered my ability to enjoy my backyard.  Even when I go out to water in the morning I find myself flinching and jumping at every little sound.  Jason wants to buy a pellet gun to rid us of the gopher problem.  I'm not sure what we should do - any suggestions?


1 comment:

  1. Just shot them:). What a pain. The skunk would make me very nervous also.

    ReplyDelete