Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, November 29, 2013

Wonder of Wonders / Miracles of Miracles

My poor blog has been so neglected as of late.  There has been something big I've been wanting to blog about and have not felt ready to do so - so I just found I wasn't blogging about anything.  My life feels so surreal right now I'm not even sure how to write about it.

But I won't keep you in suspense any longer...


So without further adieu...


Drum roll please!!!


badabadabadabadabada...




That's right - I'm pregnant!

We are thrilled, excited, surprised, nervous, etc.  As most of you know we lost our third baby boy over 5 years ago.  Since then we've always hoped that we might be able to have another baby join our family.  After a miscarriage and years of trying I had pretty much given up hope.  But both Jason and I never quite felt like our family was complete yet.

I must admit I'm nervous about this pregnancy considering my history and age - but I also know I was meant to carry this baby no matter what happens.  This past week we had our 19 week ultrasound.  I was especially anxious for this appointment as it was during this ultrasound that the initial problems with Kenny were diagnosed.

As you may or may not know babies with Trisomy 18 have some outward signs - one sign is a clenched hand.  Leading up to this week I prayed so hard that I would see open hands in the ultrasound.  Shortly after the exam started I saw a little hand lift up with 5 open little fingers.  It was all I could do to not start crying right then.  The rest of the ultrasound went great and as far as we can tell so far so good!

Introducing Baby Atwood - due to arrive April 2014

The boys are so excited!  When we told them Ashton burst into tears and kept saying over and over "I'm so happy, I'm so happy!!"  They've had fun thinking about sharing a room when the baby comes, and giving us their ideas for baby names.  They have both adamantly informed me that they will not be changing diapers however.

We pray that everything will continue to go well and are beyond grateful for this miracle of miracles!!


8 comments:

  1. Excited , and over the moon for you Lainie and Jason. THat is AWESOME news. Just take it easy, take your vitamins and don't over do it. We will be praying for a healthy pregnancy and that little one safely arrives. Love to you..xoxo Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so thrilled for you! I mean it! We're still trying to be patient for baby number two, and I get jealous so easy ... but I'm truly, honestly so excited for you! I want to see you and give you a hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care of yourself and that little one! I'm happy to have your boys if you need some me and baby time! So glad the ultrasound went well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats to you all! Kyla and Megan were in the room when we saw the post. They asked what was going on and we told them. Kyla was like "oh, I know that already" :) funny kids. so exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesomely amazingly wonderful news. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy your ultra sound went good! Just relax, don't stress and enjoy every minute!! I am so excited for you guys, this little baby will be so lucky to join such a wonderful family! I love you guys so much and I am keeping you in my prayers!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were anxious to hear the ultrasound results also. Glad it was good new. We have been and will continue to pray for you. I think the boys making sure you know they aren't going to change diapers is hilarious. Hope everything continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited for your little family!! I cannot wait to snuggle that precious baby!

    ReplyDelete