Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, April 19, 2014

Settling In

I'm happy to be home, and we're all settling into our new life with Cadence.  Even though it has been 8 years since we've had a newborn in the house - it didn't take much adjusting to jump back into late night feedings, and all the demands of a little one.


I've taken a couple of weeks off from music students, and Jason took a bit of time off from work.  We've enjoyed the time together and a bit slower pace of life.  It will be interesting to see how we manage when busy schedules start up again.

Everyone enjoys lots of baby cuddles.  Especially the big brothers.



We had lots of visits from family and friends.  I didn't always remember to take pictures.



Our first week was fairly uneventful til I woke up Sunday morning and my blood pressure was spiking a bit out of control.  After checking it a few times and a few tears I called Jason who was already at church for meetings and told him I thought I should go to the hospital.  So we headed to the ER with Cadence and left the boys with Uncle Ty.

After 3 hours at the hospital, it was decided to double my meds and add one additional medication.  It seems to be working and keeping my blood pressure in check.

This past week we visited the boys classrooms at school.  They were so proud to show off their baby sister.




Cadence had her one week visit with the doctor.  She has gained back some of the weight she initially lost and now weighs 6 lbs 15 ounces.  The doctor says she is doing great and is perfect.

I still can't quite believe how blessed we are to have this little one join our family, and I do promise not every blog will be about Cadence.





Also, I think I've got the multi-tasking down pat.  I just blogged one handed while putting Cadence to sleep on my other shoulder.  And even though the recovery has been a bit rougher from the c-section and I'm a bit sleep deprived, I haven't been able to stop grinning!


2 comments:

  1. You can make all your blogs about Cadence. WHY NOT? you have waited a long time for her. She is beautiful and I loved seeing those big brothers so proud of their little sister. Don't push it and just enjoy being a mom. Glad that blood pressure is under control. Take more time off from lessons if you need it. Love you. Can't wait to meet her soon. Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job typing one handed. Glad they got your meds fixed. She is very precious.

    ReplyDelete