Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, June 21, 2015

Music Recital

Friday night was my student's year end recital.  The preparation started quite awhile ago.  I've spent the last couple months working with each student to prepare their pieces.



I think this year was one of the best recitals I've had. The students were well prepared and they all did an awesome job.  I had several piano students who played a couple of pieces each, quite a few solo vocalists, and one group number and three guitar students who performed.

Ashton did a great job with his piano piece, and Bowen sang "Everybody Wants to be a Cat".  I was sure proud of them.

I had a captive audience so I decided to perform a number as well and sang and played "Sooner or Later".  I hadn't performed it for a long time and it was fun to sing it again.

After everyone performed we took a group picture before I served refreshments.


I served homemade buns with ham, roast beef, cheese, pickles and all the fixings.  Then on the dessert table I had fruit platters with coconut dip.  As well as homemade chocolates, toffees, and mini lemon cupcakes.  It was lots of work, but I enjoy feeding everyone and having the time to mingle and talk with students families.




So grateful for my mom who came up early and helped me cut up everything and then put all the food on platters, and kept the tables stocked with food.  I also couldn't put on these recitals without my family - my husband is so supportive and helps where ever I need him.  The boys helped by setting up chairs and the food tables, and especially helped by watching Cadence.

It was such a great night!  Now for a bit of a break before I'm back at it in September.

1 comment:

  1. It was a fantastic recital. Everyone was so prepared and the older students are becoming so accomplished. Ashton did a great job with his piano selection and Bowen is a real performer. Enjoyed the evening very much. Love to come help. You always go all out and everyone appreciates your efforts. Love Mom P

    ReplyDelete