Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, March 28, 2016

Amazing Weekend

Now that Ashton is 12 and has been made a deacon in our church he was able to do a couple of very special things this past weekend.  After getting a recommend from our Bishop last week, we woke up early Saturday morning, dropped off Bowen and Cadence with my cousin Sheri and then headed up to the temple.

Ashton is now able to do baptisms for the dead at the temple and Sheri had 8 family names that he was going to do for her.  We get to the temple and Ashton reaches into his suit coat pocket to pull out his recommend and it was gone.  He checked all his pockets in his coat, then I checked all his pockets.  He had shown it to me before we left so I know he had it at one point.  Luckily President Stonehocker was there and he made a call to our Bishop (sorry for the early morning phone call bishop) and we were able to proceed.  (By the way he found his recommend in the back pocket of his suit pants - the one pocket I didn't check).

It was wonderful to watch Ashton and his dad doing these baptisms and then the confirmations. It was so nice to be in the temple together and I look forward to the day when our entire family can be there together.  Ashton told me he loved it and wants to go once a month.  He would also like to go with his cousins.  We are hoping once Emry turns 12 the older cousins can plan a temple trip together either up here or in Cardston.





On Sunday Ashton was able to pass the sacrament in our sacrament meeting with the other deacons.  I thought it was neat that his very first time was on Easter Sunday.  He'll always be able to remember that.  He was very excited and very nervous and was hoping he wouldn't make a mistake.  He did a great job and I was proud of how seriously he took his responsibilities.  It was a very special weekend with a great young man.  I'm so proud of him.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty handsome 12 year old. Sounds like a wonderful spiritual weekend for you all. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Special indeed. Such a great birthday age. Baptisms have always been my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks like such a handsome young man in your pictures!!! What a very special time for him!!!!

    ReplyDelete