Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, March 28, 2016

Happy 12th Birthday Ashton

March has been a very busy month in the Atwood house and somewhere in there we celebrated a very special birthday with Ashton.

Jason was going to be in Vancouver for work on Ashton's actual birthday so we let him open a present the day before.




He got a CD/Radio and he was very excited to have a radio for his room.

Jason left for the airport later that night.  The next day March 17th, Ashton's actual birthday was a super busy day for me.  It was our ward's RS party and I had lots to do for that.  Busy all day making soup, decorating, babysitting, etc.  Then I picked up McDonalds for the kids, grabbed the babysitter and then headed to the church.  It was a nice event and I was happy to have it done.

When Jason got home we finished celebrating for Ashton's birthday.  A couple more presents to open.






He got a CD for his new CD player.  A Doctor Who "Tardis" Lamp, Doctor Who Christmas Special DVD's, with a Sonic Screwdriver.  Notice a theme.

Since this is Ashton's 12 birthday it is a very special birthday.  The Sunday following his birthday Ashton graduated from primary and then was ordained a deacon in our church by his father.  The blessing with his ordination was so special, I wish I could remember more of what Jason said, but it was so beautiful.  It was a very special day and lots of family came to celebrate with us.  After church we had a barbecue at our house for everyone and it was nice to visit.  My only regret is I didn't take any pictures of the day.

The following Monday we took kids out for a birthday dinner.  Ashton chose the cheesecake cafe.  As hard as he tries he still can't finish a whole piece of cheesecake and I think we are now up to Cheesecake 6 / Ashton 0.





Happy 12th Birthday Ashton.  You are becoming an amazing young man.  You are such a big help and a great example to your younger siblings.  We love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. It was a very beautiful blessing. Sometimes I wish we could record all blessing like we do with patriacial blessing and go back and listen and remember. It was a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete