Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Traditions

A couple of weeks ago we got together with the Puzey side of the family for our annual chocolate dipping.  We had each made 3 batches of fondant and then got together to dip it.  It goes so quickly when we work together and it's lots of fun.  This year we made olympic cream, maple walnut, peppermint, coconut, cherry, vanilla and toffees.





Last chocolate of the day - out of chocolate!  He he he

My kids love going to the farm.  They had a great day playing with their cousins while we worked.  Fun memories being silly!

Scotch tape faces




After chocolate making later that night we left Ashton babysitting at Grandma's house and Jason and I headed into Lethbridge for the Valdy concert.  Mom, Dave, Char, Leah, Blake, Jared, Amber and Emry were all able to go as well.  If you don't know who Valdy is he's a Canadian Folk singer.


He was one of my dad's absolute favorite performers and I grew up listening to his records and dad playing and singing his songs on the guitar.  In fact I asked mom and dad to sing Valdy's song Renaissance at my wedding reception.


Valdy got on stage, just him and his guitar, and started singing and it was a song I knew and remembered well and this flood of emotion overcame me and I could not contain the tears.  Thinking of my dad, missing him, feeling like he was with us.  So many wonderful memories of my childhood.

Valdy really is a spectacular performer.  I love his rich voice, he is an amazing guitarist and his stories are funny and entertaining.

Once I got past the initial tears I loved every moment and could not stop smiling.  He sang all my favorites and new songs as well.  It was fun to sing along.  Such a great night!  It was so great Dave and Jared brought their kids to the concert.  Had I not needed Ashton to babysit we would have as well.  I think it is time to pass on my love of Valdy to my boys.  I love traditions.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got of picture of that last chocolate. :). Wonderful picture of your parents. Even tho Blake was so little he remembered that song as soon as it came as well. Great memories of grandpa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, was flooded with emotion when he sang Dirty Old Man! Jared sings it all the time now but I can remember your dad singing it all the time too! It was a great concert and so nice to be able to go with you guys! Loved that weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are loving the music your dad loved. I loved listening to him play and sing. Miss that in my life. Your chocolates look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete