Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Oh Gilbert!

A couple weekends ago was a special weekend for me.  My mom and sister came up to stay at my house for the weekend for an Anne of Green Gables marathon.  None of these new versions for us - we love the Megan Follows, Colleen Dewhurst version.  It's about 7 hours in total so we got started Friday night.

Mom and Rachel came up late Friday afternoon.  We first headed to Ikea for supper.  Jason then took the kids (he was dropping off the boys at Sheri's for the night - thank you Sheri) and mom, Rachel and I did a bit of shopping at Ikea.

When we got home we started watching our show.  I can't even tell you how much I love this series.  Our dream is for the three of us to take a trip to Prince Edward Island.  Jason and Cadence got home shortly after and had brought us treats.  What a great guy I have.

The next morning Jason made us the most delicious breakfast of eggs benedict while we continued with our marathon.  Then he took Cadence out for a Daddy/Daughter day (more on that later).   That afternoon I put out a spread of appetizers.  We had chicken wings, weiners in bacon, sausage and cheese, 7 layer dip, chips and salsa, and veggies and dip,  Mom had brought enough cookies and chocolate bars to last for weeks.

We had such a great time together laughing and crying.  We even finished in time to introduce Rachel to my newest favorite show - Miranda!  Such fun!!

Thanks for coming.  Let's make it an annual tradition.  Maybe next year we should watch Pride and Prejudice (the Colin Firth version of course).

4 comments:

  1. Emry and I started this tradition as well! She got the DVD's for Christmas last year and has fallen in love with them too!! I love the original and always will! What a fun time with your mom and sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitly just the Megan Follows version. I really don't like the new ones out there. The year my mom took my to Prince Edward Island, Green Gables had burnt down. Such a dissappointment. Sounds like a wonderful marathon with great snacks. Glad you had that fun time together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had such a great time!!! Not sure I can wait a whole year to have another Marathon!! I say in a few months we watch Pride and Prejudice! Loved Miranda. I laughed so hard I cried!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, traditions!! I love them. Lalainia, you outdid yourself with the appetizers and it was fun to have a breakfast chef!! What service. Great time❤️❤️ Love Mom

    ReplyDelete