Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, June 2, 2017

Musical Happenings

We've been busy at the Atwood house.  School and lessons will soon wrap up and we look forward to a slower paced summer - I hope.  Last week was the boys' band concerts at school.  It was a great concert.  Bowen's band played first.  I was amazed at the improvement since the November concert.  They sounded so great.  Bowen has loved learning the clarinet and has even asked that we rent his instrument for the summer so he can play it.  He's really good.  Ashton's band was excellent as well. Ashton plays the trumpet and does well and enjoys it.  I look forward to what they'll learn next year.


Cadence and I are enjoying taking violin.  She and I have decided she needs a little break and will start her summer early.   But she did pretty good listening to her teacher, she's just a little young.  A few months off and we'll start up again.  I've enjoyed the challenge and hope to continue my lessons.  Maybe someday I'll be good enough to play a little something in public.


Until she's ready for more formal lessons, she'll just keep singing around the house.  Cadence is always singing.  She sings little songs we sing together, or ones she learns in nursery, or just makes them up - constantly.  Here is her attempt at the ABC song.  Her alphabet needs a little work but the singing sounds pretty good!




I love it when our home is filled with music!

3 comments:

  1. Such talent in your family. Cora just listened to her ABCB song again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is ADORABLE! Her singing is fabulous - very clear and in tune. Who cares if she skipped most of the letters? It's like she's singing the intro!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is nice to fill your home with music!!!you guys are so talented!!!!!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete