Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, June 12, 2017

When It Rains it Pours

Saturday was a cold, rainy, miserable day.  In the evening Jason and I were sitting in the living room talking and I happened to say "I hope that little leak in the ceiling above the hutch in the dining room that we noticed last summer isn't leaking again".  Jason glanced up and noticed a huge wet spot over the hutch.


When we looked closer, the leak was actually dripping all over my wood hutch that my dad made me years ago.  We started to cover the hutch, but then decided we didn't want to risk getting it ruined, so we emptied it and moved it out of the way.



The drywall was starting to swell so Jason poked a hole into it breaking through the plastic barrier and water came pouring out.



We're not quite sure what we are going to do, but I'm praying we can figure something out.  We know we need a new roof, but that is not in the budget right now.  For now, the forecast is for rain this week so my dining room will just have to be in a state of disrepair for awhile.



We sure didn't need this right now, but I'm trying to not get too down about it.  The joys of home ownership.  When it rains it pours!!

1 comment: