Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, June 24, 2024

And That's a Wrap!

This past Friday night was my year end music recital.  The week leading up to it was a busy one, with final lessons, preparing treat bags and summer practice charts, purchasing groceries and lots of baking and preparing.



24 of my 28 students were able to perform at the recital.  Everyone played really well.  Cadence did great playing 2 piano songs and then sang Crocodile Rock (I accompanied on the guitar), we invited everyone to sing the la la la's at the end with us.  It was fun!

I ended the recital with singing "Fear of Flying".  It was a song my dad loved by Pied Pumpkin.  Shari Ulrich sings it - I'm no match but I did my best and I think everyone enjoyed it.

After a photo with my students we had refreshments in the gym and visited.  It was a really great evening.  

By the end of June I'm always feeling a bit tired and sometimes frustrated with teaching but the recital always reminds me how much I love teaching my students and gets me excited about starting another year in September.



And that's a wrap!  Now to enjoy a couple months off.

No comments:

Post a Comment