Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, May 6, 2011

Mother's Day Tea

Today was the Mother's Day Tea at Bowen's preschool.  I have been looking forward to this day for months.  I remember Ashton's day and was so looking forward to having this special day with Bowen.  I started the day with the making of chocolate chip cookies to take to the party.  Bowen was my taste tester - I asked him if they were good enough to take to his friends at preschool - he replied with "they're good, the chips are melted, just what I needed".
We got dressed up in our Sunday best and headed to preschool.  It was so cute to see him with his teacher and friends - he was nervous at first but warmed up right away and sang all the little songs they had prepared and did all the actions.  His teacher had each child stand right in front of their mom and sing just to her - so sweet!

Squishing his baby bumblebee
Licking off his baby bumblebee - he thought this was hilarious!

Catching Lollipops and gumdrops
After the singing we had a little lunch.  Sandwiches, fruit and veggies, cookies, cupcakes, and squares.
Placemat made with Bowen's footprints, and a little marigold plant.
It was such a special afternoon with my little boy.  He gave me so many hugs and kisses and was proud I was his mom.  I'm so proud he's my little guy.  The boys are growing up so fast - I'm really trying to savor every moment and not take it for granted.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment