Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, May 21, 2011

Two Dates in One Day

Ashton was off school on Friday so after we dropped off Bowen at preschool I decided to take Ashton out on a little date.  We went to Tim Hortons for lunch, and then ran an errand.  I was thinking that was probably the end of our date and we headed home.  On the ride home Ashton asked if we could maybe watch something on TV together that we both liked.  He asked me if I liked Spiderman, I said I did, so we cuddled up on the couch and watched Spiderman together.  At first I was feeling a bit guilty sitting around and not cleaning my house, but spending one on one time with Ashton was priceless.  He is such a sweet little boy, and I think he enjoyed feeling grown up and having grown up conversations with mom.  I plan on making these little dates with my boys a regular occurence.

As for my second date of the day.  It was Friday night and we were thinking of just having a quiet night in and ordered pizza and maybe to rent a movie.  About 5:30 p.m. Jason's brother Tyler and his little boy Dane arrived.  I quickly racked my brain as to whether tonight was a night we were watching Dane.  After talking for a bit Jason says to me "go get ready" Tyler is here to babysit.  It was such a nice surprise.  We went to Joey's for supper.  I had steak and crab legs (delicious!!), and then we went to Thor.  We had a great night together and I love it when Jason surprises me.

All in all a great day with two out of  three of my favorite men.  Next time will be Bowen's turn.

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I hate how I feel guilty sitting with my kids if the house is dirty also. But it is about the kids right? Lucky you to have a surprise babysitter.

    ReplyDelete