Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Bookclub 2016

So my bookclub "Literary Ladies" just completed our 2nd year of meeting together.  I love this group, and this group of ladies so much.  We always have such great discussions, yummy food and enjoy each others company.

January 2016
People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks
Very interesting read.  Not the type of book I would ever pick up but that is the beauty of bookclub.

February 2016
Longbourn - Jo Baker
A story of the servants in the Pride and Prejudice book (kind of like Downton Abbey).  I really enjoyed this book.

March 2016
Thoughtless - S.C. Stephens
Another book I never would have read.  A little racy for me, but it was like going by a car accident and not looking.  Once I got started I needed to see how it finished.

April 2016
The Light Between Oceans - M. L. Stedman
Enjoyed this book but I sobbed buckets.  I can't bring myself to go to the movie.

May 2016
The #1 Ladies Detective Agency - Alexander McCall Smith
Fabulous book.  Have read it before.  Is always a very fun read.

June 2016
The Red Tent - Anita Diamant
A fictional telling of Dinah's story from the bible. I enjoyed this book.  Lots about birthing babies!

September 2016
The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules - Catharina Ingelman-Sundberg
Very fun book.  This was the first bookclub meeting I missed, was sick.

October 2016
Oryx and Cakes - Margaret Atwood
I tried several times to start this book.  First book I didn't finish for the bookclub meeting.  I must admit I am not a Margaret Atwood fan.

November 2016
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
I really enjoyed this book.  Some fun twists.

I hosted November's meeting.  It is always so fun to host.  Since the main character of the book is an alcoholic I decided to serve "wine and beer" (the LDS versions - martinelli's and vanilla cream soda).


I also had sausage, cheese and crackers, chicken wings, 7 layer dip and chips, homemade chocolates, mini cheesecakes and cream puffs.


One of these times I'll remember to take a picture of our group.  I'm excited to see what we will read in 2017.

3 comments:

  1. So fun!! I wrote your list of books down! Now I have some good ideas of books to look for! The only one I've read on your list is The Girl on the Train and I too really liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool you started that group and it's still going. Congrats. Thanks for the list of books. I thought girl on a train was ok and I enjoy how ladies detective agency is written. I'm currently reading the 7th in the series. Others on your list I for sure am going to try to find.

    ReplyDelete