Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, December 13, 2016

RS Christmas Party

In my church I serve in the Relief Society which is a women's organization.  My duties are specifically organizing activities for the women of our ward.

So a few weeks ago I organized a Christmas Party.  Our theme was "Wise Men Still Seek Him". It was held on a Thursday evening.  Set up started on Wednesday night when the young men in our ward helped by staying after their activity to set up tables and chairs for me.  A couple of friends came and helped me decorate the tables and Jason strung lights all around the gym.

Thursday morning Cadence and I headed over to the church and finished setting the tables along with another friend and her little girl.






We sent everyone home with a Liahona tree ornament (Jason made for me).
Then it was back to the church at 4:30 p.m. to get the meal prepared.  I had purchased roasts and potatoes and had assigned women in the ward to cook them and then deliver them to the church at 5 pm.  We cooked the veggies, made gravy, I had made 10 dozen buns and several women from the ward signed up to bring salads and desserts.


We had a photo booth set up in the lobby as people arrived with props and costumes to use in their pictures.

Our Relief Society Presidency

Mom came up and was a huge help in the kitchen.
We had close to 80 women in attendance.  Everyone enjoyed the meal and then we had a short program.




We started with a "Right and Left Frosty the Snowman" game with homemade chocolates at each table as the prize.  Some carol singing. We had two beautiful vocal numbers, and cute poem about a Parents Twas the Night Before Christmas, a few words from our RS president and finished the evening with a gorgeous violin solo of Silent Night.

The young men came back and did all the dishes for us and so many stayed and helped clean up.  We were out of there in no time.  It was a lot of work and stress, and I think I about drove my family crazy but it was a successful event and I'm happy that all that came enjoyed themselves.

4 comments:

  1. Glad it went well. The ornaments turned out great. The parent night before Christmas poem sounds like it would be a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tables look beautiful! You really did a great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your mom up walking around. I guess her knee has healed. Loved all the nativities in the centers of the table. Looks like a lovely evening.

    ReplyDelete