Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's Day 2013

With Sunday being such a busy and emotional day for me it would have been easy to forget about it being Father's Day.  Luckily we have the sweetest little boys who made the day very special for their Dad.

It started early when I heard someone in the kitchen at about 7:30 a.m., then I started to smell breakfast.  At 8:00 a.m. the boys headed in our bedroom with breakfast in bed for their dad.  Ashton had made pancakes and Bowen was carrying a big glass of chocolate milk.  Jason enjoyed his breakfast while the boys brought in presents they had made at school.

Ashton had made a little Dad sign with a promise to clean the car and "stuff", and a bookmark that looks like Plankton (from spongebob - for those of you who don't have little boys).  Bowen had made a game called "mancala".

Jason headed to meetings and then returned to take us to church.

My handsome men ready for church.
After church and then choir we arrived back home about 5:30 p.m.  My Father's Day present to Jason was a new barbecue he had picked out earlier in the week.  We were having steaks for dinner and Jason wanted to try out the new barbecue.  So Jason and the boys headed into the garage to build it.  I can't think of a better activity on Father's Day then the boys spending time with their Dad.  Jason would have been able to build it a lot quicker by himself - but that's not really the point is it!



Getting ready to put on those steaks.


Our old barbecue served us well for over 12 years.  But it was definitely time to replace it.


The new barbecue did a great job on our dinner.  It was yummy!


After dinner Bowen and Jason tried out the new game.


Then we finished up the day with delicious ice cream floats.


Happy Father's Day to my love!  You are the best dad to our boys and we all love you so much.  Of course, I missed being able to wish my dad a Happy Father's Day but am so grateful for the wonderful father he was to me and I know I will be with him again someday.  Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!

2 comments:

  1. What a great day!! Love the "could have do it faster himself". That made me laugh. But you are so right. That is not the point at all. Glad you had a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron spent the day grilling. We had his Dad over for dinner, and Aaron made ribs, chicken/peach skewers (heaven on a stick, I say), and potatoes and and and -- instead of him sitting back and relaxing he takes to the grill to celebrate, and I love it! I just had to make dessert.

    Glad that you had a wonderful evening after such a rough (but wonderful) day at church. You will definitely be missed!

    ReplyDelete