Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, January 10, 2014

Christmas Day 2013

As a special treat we got to stay home all Christmas Day.  We love our families, and love to get together with them but it was really nice to have a slow paced, relaxing, do whatever we want Christmas this year.  We told the boys they weren't allowed to come out of their rooms until 7:00 a.m. to wake us up to open presents.  Starting at about 3:30 a.m. we heard Ashton hit his alarm clock light to see what time it was about ever 1/2 hour.  He's as bad as I was as a kid.  7:00 a.m. sharp we heard Ashton waking up Bowen and then coming to get us up.


Everyone loved their presents and we had a great morning.  What takes so long to prepare and organize took 20 minutes to open.

Presents from Santa were a big hit!





While I started preparing dinner the boys had fun playing with their new stuff.  Bowen got the 2nd Edition Axis and Allies from Santa and he was quick to start setting up his board.


We got Ashton a voice activated R2D2 and he spent the day learning commands.


Later that day we had a delicious Christmas dinner.  Turkey, stuffing,  mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans, butternut squash, buns, and pumpkin pie for dessert.




After cleaning up from supper the boys played some more, and Bowen put together his lego.  We put in a movie and I worked on a craft I was making for my mother in law and sister in laws.



What a great day to see the joy of Christmas through my children's eyes.  I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Ashton getting up makes me laugh after all the stories I heard about you. I agree about staying home. I kinda want to do that from now on. No leaving new presents behind and having to wait to use them. Your dinner looks wonderful and I want you to teach me to make those cute crafts.

    ReplyDelete