Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, January 20, 2014

Jason's Birthday Weekend

This past weekend Jason turned "40".  We started the celebrations by throwing a little party in his honor on Friday night.

A couple of weeks ago I sent invitations out to some of our friends.


We had a few couples over for snacks and games.  A great time was had by all.  We served 2 types of chicken wings, weiners wrapped in bacon, sausage, cheese and crackers, veggies and dip, crackers with cheese and red pepper chili jelly, chips and salsa and for dessert mini cheesecakes, cream puffs, homemade chocolates and english toffees.

We put up a few decorations.  Here is the centerpiece I made!




Everyone arrived around 7:00 p.m. and we chatted and ate.


Then we played some "minute to win it" games.  I don't have pictures of all of them - but here are a few.

Jason and David playing "Hanky Panky" - the first one to empty their tissue box using only one hand wins.  It was a close competition with David finishing 3 tissues before Jason!
John barely beat Candace in blowing his cups off the table with the air from a blown up balloon.
Shelley and I stacking 5 dice on top of a popsicle stick held in the mouth.  I still can't believe I won this one!
John beat David in bouncing ping pong balls into cups by one ball and cup.
Candace and Joy transferring mini marshmallows only using a straw - Joy beat Candace by ONE marshmallow!
Joy and John attempting to retrieve pennies from the bottom of each leg of pantyhose using only their hands.  This one was hilarious to watch - Joy won this competition as well.
One of the toughest games was picking up 5 pieces of penne pasta using a piece of spaghetti held in the mouth.  Joy won again!!
Our "Minute to Win It" Champion - Joy!!
Jason had a few gifts to open.  Just to emphasize how "old" he is getting one of the gifts was a large key computer keyboard.


It was a great night and we're grateful for good friends!

Saturday morning was actually Jason's birthday.  Jason and I were sleeping in and about 8:00 a.m. the boys came in our room with breakfast in bed for Jason.  They had gotten up and made pancakes for him.

My three handsome boys complete with bedhead!!
After breakfast we headed to the mall.  I wanted to get Jason a table saw for his birthday but wanted him to pick it out.  He found one he liked and which also happened to be on sale at Sears.  We picked that up and then went to Chili's for a birthday lunch.

Happy "40th" Birthday to the best husband!  The boys and I are so lucky to have him.  He is such a great dad and the most loving husband to me.  I hope this next year is your best yet!

3 comments:

  1. What an awesome party!!! The food sounds so good. I love minute to win it games. They have become a new must for parties for me. You had some new ones I hadn't heard of yet. Love the bed head pic:) I was trying to figure out if the invite with the white square and the circle pic of Jason some how said 40. Took me a bit to figure out you probably just didn't want your address out there for the world to see. Yep, I'm pretty quick like that. Happy Birthday to Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun time! Your spread looked delish, now I need to find something to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!!! What a lucky husband you have!! You are really, truly an inspiration Lalainia!!!

    ReplyDelete