Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, January 9, 2014

Christmas Eve Summary

Christmas came and went like a whirlwind this year.  Christmas Eve was a busy, but really fun day.  We spent it at home as a family.  It started with some backing for me.  I made buns for Christmas dinner and cinnamon buns to eat Christmas morning.


While I was baking the boys worked on a gingerbread house.




Then we decorated sugar cookies.


For supper that night we had a cheese fondue with bread cubes and veggies, and a chocolate fondue with fruit.  The boys love fondue and I think we'll make this a Christmas tradition - it was a huge hit!!


We did our last advents.  The boys have their treat advent on their tree in little stockings, and this year for a spiritual advent we read a scripture each night describing traits Jesus displayed and then opened an ornament or decoration that went with the scripture.



Then it was time to open Christmas eve presents.  New pajamas of course and slippers.  Ashton got a die cast car, and Bowen a book (which he finished in a couple of days).



After leaving treats for Santa the boys were off to bed.  Jason and I were up until 3:00 a.m. (it took forever to put the foosball table together).  A busy but super fun day!

1 comment:

  1. So many fun activities. The fondues sounds great. I like your simple spiritual advent. I researched a few and they all had so many steps. I would like to copy you next year.

    ReplyDelete