Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, May 8, 2014

Our First Month

One month old - really!!  I can't believe our precious little Cadence is one month old already.  Yesterday May 7th marked her one month birthday.  It has been a month full of joy, laughter, tears, anxiety, pain, - every emotion it seems.  My recovery from the c-section has been difficult.  First with a spike in my blood pressure and a visit to the ER.  Gratefully that seems to be under control.  Then about a week and a half ago I got an infection in my c-section incision, but a round of antibiotics seems to have solved that problem and I am feeling much better.

Cadence is a sweet little baby.  She has been having some trouble putting on weight.  To help her with this we had her tongue tie clipped as her tongue was very tight.  Then with my being on antibiotics she got thrush in her mouth so it was painful for her to nurse and I found my milk supply lowered considerably.  When we went for her appointment on Tuesday we found she hadn't gained any weight in a week - not good.  So we have decided to supplement her with formula.  It was hard for me to admit I didn't have enough milk for her as I exclusively breastfed the boys, but I need to do what is best for her and give her what she needs.  Since starting the extra feeds she seems much more content and I even got 6 hours of sleep last night (not all at once of course, but I'll take it).

Despite all the problems, and endless doctor appointments I have never felt more complete, and content and happy.  What a blessing she is to our family.  The boys are still completely in love, and are a HUGE help to me.  I've starting teaching piano again and Ashton is often found with Cadence sleeping on his chest during the time I'm teaching.

May 7th - One Month
Weight - 7 lbs 8 ounces
Is spending more time alert and looking around
Beautiful dark blue eyes
A bit jaundice still
Goes directly from content and quiet, to screaming and down right mad (no in between)
Loves to be held

As her name suggests, Cadence is a perfect ending to complete our family.

One Month Old


6 comments:

  1. Awe!!!!! Sweetest little pictures of her!!!! I am happy things are starting to get better for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is just beautiful Lainie. I didn't know you were having all those troubles, with your health and her gaining weight. Be happy with the supplements. I had to do that with Janelle and Kevin. She will start putting on weight and the boys can have the honor of feeding her. Enjoy your sweet ending.......She is a darling. So happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just beautiful Lainie. I didn't know you were having all those troubles, with your health and her gaining weight. Be happy with the supplements. I had to do that with Janelle and Kevin. She will start putting on weight and the boys can have the honor of feeding her. Enjoy your sweet ending.......She is a darling. So happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again she is beautiful. And 1 month wow, and I agree with your comment you do what you have to do for her to eat, then she can sleep and eat well she is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and beautiful beyond words! Grandma P

    ReplyDelete
  6. She truly is a darling!!! What adorable pictures of her!!! She compliments an already amazing family beautifully!!! Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete