Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, January 2, 2015

Puzey Get Together

After a couple of great days at home we headed to Champion for a Puzey get together.  We had a delicious dinner of chicken cordon bleu, potatoes, veggies, and jello salad with christmas pudding for dessert.

After dinner the cousins exchanged gifts.  Cadence received a wonderful quiet book from Cora that Char made - I love it!!  Ashton got lego from Emry, Bowen received a Tetris Jenga game from Freya.


Then presents from Grandma for the grandkids.  Bowen got a slot car track that he loves, and Ashton got three science kits to put together, and Cadence got a blanket with matching stuffie and a cute red outfit.



After the gift exchange we went to the Champion cemetery to see dad's headstone that mom just had made.  It turned out beautifully.


For years Dad has told mom a saying that he wanted on his headstone.  Mom couldn't decide whether she wanted to do it or not.  We finally decided as a family that we really wanted to have it on the headstone and decided to put it on the back.  We love it - and it made mom giggle when she first saw it.



Our baby Kenneth is at the same cemetery just a couple spaces over so we took our first family photo with Cadence.



Then we headed over to the church and played basketball, and the younger kids played in the halls and nursery.


We then went back to mom's for snacks and a Puzey concert.  So much talent was shared and enjoyed by all.

We all stayed up far too late and enjoyed each other's company.  I'm so grateful for my family and that we love to spend time together.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful headstone for David. I was so happy you took pictures. I loved the saying and for sure what is on the back was so true of my brother. Loved the wheat on it too. David had me buy a plot next to his when they were selling them in Champion. I will have to drive down and see it when spring comes....Your christmas sounded great with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always forget how much taller my girls are than me until I see a picture. I think the picture of Jason looking down at Cadence is priceless. Such love there.

    ReplyDelete