Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, March 5, 2015

February Bookclub

I'm so excited I've started up a bookclub.  I've attended bookclubs in the past and always love them. So I'm thrilled that after putting up a simple inquiry on facebook I received a lot of interest from others wanting to join.  We had our first meeting this past weekend.  I had picked the first book to read so I was hosting at my house.  We will take turns picking the books and hosting each month.

Our first read was "Wild" by Cheryl Strayed.  I wasn't sure about the book when I first started, but by the time I finished it I decided I quite enjoyed it.  Her experiences hiking on the trail were interesting and inspiring, and I was pleased to see her personal growth.

We had 6 in attendance, with a few more expected to come in the future.  I served veggies with dill dip, a fruit platter and havardi cheese, and crab tartletts, with chocolate cake, and chocolate pudding parfaits.  Of course I forgot to take any pictures of any people.




For March we will be reading "Secret Daughter" by Shilpi Somaya Gowda.  Looking forward to our next meeting.




1 comment:

  1. That's great. I'm alway looking for book ideas. I'll be a silent book club member from a distance.

    ReplyDelete