Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Happy Birthday DAD

Today would have been my dad's 69th birthday.  I can't believe he's been gone for almost 5 years.  We all miss him so much!!  My dad was a really fun dad.  He spent a lot of time with us.  We went on family trips, went camping, skiing, and so much more.  I could always rely on my dad for anything I needed.  I miss that - it was a big comfort.  His passing has left a big void in our family.  We still love getting together but we sure miss dad.  I'm sure he is with us in spirit, and is mindful of us.

Dad loved his family, we knew we were the most important thing in the world to him.  Even though my boys weren't very old when Dad passed away, they have lots of memories of him and I'm grateful for that.  I hope that as we continue to talk about him that Cadence will come to know him as well.




Happy Birthday Dad!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts. All so very true. Great pictures. I miss him also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures and thoughts. Oh how I miss him. So grateful for a wonderful family. I can see his influence in the way you live. Four sons, four daughters and grandchildren. Thanks for keeping him alive in your hearts. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete