Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, May 4, 2015

Tender Memories

Saturday, May 2nd was the anniversary of our baby Kenneth David's stillbirth.  I can hardly believe he would have been 7 years old this year.   It is hard for me to imagine him as anything but a baby.   I remember that day at the hospital like it was yesterday.  I can almost feel his still little body laying in my arms as I looked at his sweet, chubby little face.  I am grateful for the tender memories I have of him.  We talk about Kenny a lot, and that keeps his memory alive for our other children as well.  I'm sure in time Cadence will feel like she knows him too.  Having sweet Cadence in our home this past year has certainly healed my heart a bit.  She doesn't replace the loss we feel, but the hole in my heart feels a bit smaller.

To remember Kenny this year we visited his graveside, and brought some fresh flowers.  We had plans to go to "Forget My Not Pond", but a friend reminded me the access road is not yet accessible, so we'll postpone that for another day.  Mom met us at the cemetery and we took pictures at the grave, and had a cupcake to celebrate his short life.  I love that my boys have such sensitive souls, so we all shed a few tears.  I asked Jason if he thought there would ever be a year I didn't cry.  We both didn't think so - and that's okay.




Our tender memories will need to be enough until we can all be together again.  Mommy misses you sweet baby boy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lalainia!!! What a beautiful post, it brought tears to my eyes!! It really will be a special reunion one day for your sweet family!!!! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather was much better for you this year. I live that the boys are tender hearted about it. What a great family.

    ReplyDelete