Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, January 8, 2024

New Year, New Goals

 Happy New Year!

I was at my mom's ward a couple weeks ago and my sister in law Amber gave an excellent talk on goal setting.  So I've decided since it's a new year that I would try and set some New Year Resolutions.  One suggestion Amber gave was to make realistic goals, and to not try and set to many goals for yourself.  So here goes, my 2024 goals.

1. DAILY STUDY

In my church we have a home/church study program and this year it is on the Book of Mormon.  I must admit I didn't do a very good job with my home study last year. So my first goal for this year is to study each morning for a minimum of 15 - 30 minutes.  I also want to do better with a once a week study as a family as well.

2. UPDATE MY BLOG

I don't keep a journal, and feel like I should be keeping a record of myself and my family. My second goal is to keep this blog more up to date.  I have a lot of backtracking to do.  I set the goal of blogging at least once a week, at least until I feel like I am caught up and then perhaps move to blogging once a month.

2.  INCREASE HEALTH AND CONTINUE TO LOSE WEIGHT

Now I've set this goal a lot!  But here is my plan.  Since June I've lost 50 pounds and I would like to lose at least another 50 this year. I've been tracking all my calories, and drinking at least 50 - 72 ounces of water a day. To these goals I'd like to add more exercise. I'm going to start by walking Daisy daily (once this recent cold snap is over).  

I looked for a picture of me to show where I started and honestly there are hardly any pictures of me over the past few years.  Here is one from Ashton's graduation (June 2022 - blog post to come in the near future), I'm probably at about my heaviest here.

 


And here is our family photo this Christmas 2023. A ways to go but I'm happy about the progress I have made.  Honestly the biggest thing for me is how much better I am feeling.  I have more energy, stamina, and mentally feel so much better as well.


So I think I'll start with these 3 goals and see how it goes.  I'll be back to report in a couple months on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment