Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, January 17, 2024

The One Time I Caught Something

Saturday morning I was getting ready to attend a baptism and was curling my hair.  I had my hand above my head and some how lost grip on the curling iron and dropped it.  

I was worried about it landing in my lap and instinct kicked in.  For one of the first times in my life I caught it - unfortunately it was the hot barrel end.  I screamed and jumped up off the chair I was sitting on and dropped the curling iron, it briefly hit my left hand and as I jumped to the side it fell to the floor.

I ran to my bathroom and started running cool water onto my hand.  Burns are the worst.  It was so painful. I can't imagine the pain people who have severe burns experience.  I thought of Stephanie Nielsen, blogger and author who was burned in a plane crash with her husband.  Over 80% of her body was burned. The pain must have been excruciating.

I unfortunately had to skip the baptism as I kept water running on my hand while my family headed for the church.  After about 30 minutes it was still hurting so I kept it in a pitcher of water for another hour of so and then switched to my water bottle full of ice water which I held for the rest of the day.  Switching out the water and ice frequently.

This was how my hand looked before I finally wrapped it before heading to bed.  


I think the first aid efforts paid off as it has been feeling a lot better.  Big improvements just a couple days later.



Next time I drop something I'll just let it fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment