Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Vignettes

Over the past few years I've been trying to slowly purchase seasonal items to decorate our home.  I find I have alot of Christmas items but other seasons are lacking.  I do however have a few things for fall.  I love fall - I think it is probably my favourite time of year (other than Christmas of course).  I love the changing colours of the trees, the cooler weather, the starting back at school and teaching music students.  It feels good to be back into a routine.  I bought these decorations a couple years back when I was having a thanksgiving dinner for my family.

I didn't realize how badly my table needs to be refinished - that looks like a project!
I made my latest fall purchase yesterday.  I found this wreath for under $5.00 - I love a deal!  I tried it in a couple of places, including the front door, but I was worried it wouldn't fair well in the weather.  I loved it on the mirror but couldn't figure out how to hang it.  My brillant husband came up with the solution instantly.  He used a suction cup with a hook (which he happened to have, what are the chances).  So wa la (I have no idea how to spell that) here is my new beautiful fall vignette.
It is hard to capture an image with reflections from the mirror.  You'll have to stop by to see how gorgeous it is in person.

3 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Lalainia! Warm and festive
    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks lovely!! You need to come decorate my house next. I have absolutely no decorations up. Well only a few more weeks and I will be putting out my Christmas things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. You are awesome at updating your blog. I love that.

    ReplyDelete