Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Crisis Averted!

Last night, as we were running out to do some errands Ashton lost his second tooth.  He was so excited and ran upstairs and put it in his tooth necklace and slipped it under his pillow.  After running errands it was kind of late so we sent the boys straight up to bed.  As Jason was leaving for work this morning about 5:30 a.m. and going past Ashton's room he must have woken Ashton.  Now awake Ashton quickly looked to see if the tooth fairy had visited him in the night.  SHE HADN'T!!  He burst into tears, Jason went in to comfort him and I came to see what the matter was.  He was completely heart broken.  He cried and cried in his dad's arms.  I FELT HORRIBLE!  I mean really, how could she have forgotten my little boy.

Jason told Ashton that because it was so foggy and cold maybe she couldn't make it tonight, but to not give up and to leave it under his pillow for tomorrow night.  After Jason left for work Ashton crawled into bed with me and had another little cry.  Then he decided to go downstairs and sleep on the couch (he does this quite often - I think he likes the cool leather).  Later when we were getting ready for school Ashton says to me "maybe the tooth fairy came while I was sleeping down here" - LIGHT BULB - (don't you love Despicable Me) - I told him I didn't know, but told him he needed to finish his chocolate milk and then go to the bathroom before we left.

I ran upstairs for Ashton's "glasses" and came back down as Ashton was coming out of the bathroom.

"You know Ashton maybe the tooth fairy could have come while you were sleeping downstairs.  You did wake up kind of early.  Why don't you go look!"  Ashton ran upstairs and I called up after him "Has she not come yet Ashton?"  To which Ashton replied "SHE CAME!!! - AND SHE BROUGHT ME A TOONIE!".

He was so excited.  He decided that now that it wasn't so foggy she was able to make it, and that she had brought him a dollar more than last time because she had made him cry - I think he is probably right about that!  He went off to school one happy little boy.

Crisis averted - whew!

Kind of a goofy picture - he was trying to show me his missing tooth.


2 comments:

  1. Cora lost a tooth last week. A few days ago she came to me and said, mom is the tooth fairy coming or not. I said did you tell the tooth fairy that you lost your tooth? (i had no ideah) She looked at me as only Cora can and said. Well I told the tooth fairies husband. I'm glad she at least keeps up the facade for her siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad that he went to school happy - love Charmaine's story - that Cora is sharp! Hope you keep a supply of change around as this is going to happen a few more times yet!

    ReplyDelete