Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Sunday, February 27, 2011

Fantastic Five

This past Saturday, February 26th was Bowen's "5th" Birthday!  I still can't quite believe that he is 5 years old already.  Where did all that time go.  Bowen has never had a friend party so now that he is in preschool we decided that he could invite all the boys from his class for a party at our house (all 14 of them).

A few weeks ago Bowen picked out his invitations - Transformers - and got to work addressing the invitations to give to his friends.

I just noticed Bowen is wearing a Bumblebee shirt - how fitting!
Nine little 4 / 5 year olds arrived on Saturday at 11:00 a.m. ready for fun.  I pulled out my camera to capture the moments and of course my battery was dead.  Quickly got it on the charger and got pictures for about half of the party.  Jason had prepared games for the boys complete with medals for the winners.  A bean bag toss, pin the symbol on Optimus,
Target practice - shooting at Megatron,
Bowling, Bop It!

And no party would be complete without limbo.

After games the boys ate pizza, chips, grapes and juice.  I'm always amazed how much food little kids can put away.
After lunch Bowen opened presents.  What a haul!  He was so excited, loved every present and remembered to thank his friends.

Bowen with all his friends and presents.
Next the boys returned to the basement to smash open the pinata.

Jason had rigged up a pulley system to raise and lower it.
It finally took a big whack from Jason to get all the candy flying. 

We finished up the party with birthday cake and the boys watched a Transformers cartoon until their parents arrived at 1:30 p.m.
Later that afternoon we took the boys to the movie "Tangled".  Such a cute movie.  The boys and Jason and I really enjoyed it.  We returned home and Bowen opened the couple of gifts we had for him.  Had hotdogs for supper (his favorite) and then played with new toys until it was time for bed.

Bowen is such a special little boy and I feel he is such a blessing to have in our home.  We call him our "Drama Queen", as he is a bit over dramatic, but he is also very loving, kind, and so funny!!  He is so smart and I can't wait to see what kind of a man he will grow up to be - actually I can wait. 
We love you Bowen - Happy 5th Birthday!

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie!! Getting so big. I wish there was a way that we could just zap them to make them SLOW DOWN! Quit growing already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH, what a great party he had. Love the picture of him addressing his invitations. Holding the pencil correctly . Good for him.
    Glad the day was so much fun for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun party!!. Sounds like the perfect full day birthday celebration. I can't decide if you are crazy of superwomans to invite 14 boys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I was relieved only 9 could come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too can't believe how fast the time goes! Can you believe Ashton and Emry are turning seven this year...really, where does the time go? I keep telling Armin to stop growing. It looks like Bowen had a wonderful birthday party!

    ReplyDelete