Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine Surprise

Valentine's Day is always pretty low key at our house.  We usually exchange cards (but not always), and Jason usually has chocolates or flowers for me.  Sometimes we go out for dinner and sometimes we eat in.  We hadn't talked about doing anything this year as our Anniversary is right away and we are thinking we might have a little get away then.  Jason called me in the morning and asked what we were doing for dinner.  I hadn't really thought about it yet.  I told him 2 of my students had moved to other days this week so I just had one student from 6:30 - 7:00 p.m so Jason said he would take care of supper.

After teaching we decided that we would wait until after we put the kids to bed to have our romantic dinner so at 8:00 p.m. Jason went upstairs to get the kids to bed and then ran me a bath.  He lit candles for me and added bubbles and told me to have a nice soak while he got supper ready.

After my fabulous soak I came downstairs to find a fabulous lobster dinner.
He had candles, flowers, chocolates, a card and all my favorite food.  Articoke dip with french bread, asparagas and lobster with drawn butter.  It was so delicious.

Thank you "my valentine" for a wonderful Valentine's Day - I love you!!


The kids also had a pretty good haul of valentine's from their friends at school.  Ashton came home with a bit of a belly ache.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

1 comment:

  1. NICE dinner!!!
    I heard some of the teachers at our school complaining about how 'commercialized' Valentines day has become the 'kids get way to much candy'. It just made me laugh. Hasn't v-day always just been a commercial from the flower and chocolate makers?

    ReplyDelete