Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bottom Line is ....

This past week I finally made it to my doctor's office to get the test results from the plethera of tests I've been having lately.  My MRI showed that the extra spots on my liver that they weren't too sure about are just thicker fattier deposits.  My X-rays showed I have 3 vertibrae in my lower lumbar that are thinning, probably partially due to age and weight could be a factor.  Other tests came back great.  
Bottom line is .... I need to lose weight!
Not that that information is any big surprise to me, but it seems most of the things going on could be eliminated or at least improved by losing weight.  I was relieved that there was nothing major happening but feel like before there is, I really need to take a hold of my health and get fit.

So as my kickoff and to celebrate a bit my hubby took me out last night for a date.  We went to Chop Steakhouse by Chinook.  It was delicious, will definitely go there again.  I literally almost picked up my plate and licked it.  But I did pretty good at the movie - we saw "Harry Potter" - so good!!  I was a bit emotional that it is all over.  I only ate a couple of handfuls of popcorn and that was it.

So there it is - out in blog world my committment to improve my fitness.  How will this be accomplished?  Well, my goals are to blog every Friday on how much I have exercised during the week and whether or not I have seen any weight loss at my Friday morning weigh in.  I've belonged to Weight Watchers in the past - and even worked for them so I know I have the skills that I will need I just need to implement them.

I'm hoping by making this goal a public one it will make me more accountable.  You, my few faithful readers have now been recruited to be my own personal weight loss cheering section.  Til next Friday.  I'll see you, and hopefully you will see "less" of me!!
BEFORE SHOT- July 22nd, 2011 (Photo courtesy of Ashton Atwood)

3 comments:

  1. GOOD NEWS LAINIE, GUESS THE TESTS ALL CAME BACK JUST FINE.
    I AM SURE WE ALL NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT AND WE WOULD FEEL SO MUCH BETTER.
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GOAL. I AM BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY, WHEN YOU COME ON THE 7TH,SALAD AND MEAT FOR YOU. YOUR MOM WILL HELP YOU, I KNOW.
    TILL NEXT FRIDAY, GOOD LUCK, IT WILL BE HARD BUT WORTH IT TO FEEL BETTER.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to hear all your test results were A-OKAY! I am definitely going to follow your friday blog (I always follow your blog but fridays will definitely be motivation for me too!) Good luck Lalainia, and have fun along the way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are brave. Good luck. I just get more upset knowing the world will know if I fail not just myself.

    ReplyDelete