Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer So Far

We've been busy enjoying mine and Jason's time off that I haven't had any time to blog.  So I'm warning you now this may be picture overload.  We've been having a great time so far this summer.  Before Jason had a couple of weeks off of work the boys seemed to be getting restless so I brought out a craft Sheri had bought them a couple of months ago and they got to work.
I was amazed at how well they did painting their dragons.  They both spent alot of time on them and they turned out terrific.

Another favorite activity for the boys is to have a friend over.  They were very excited when they learned that their friend Ashley was coming over to spend the morning with them.  I'm grateful Ashley is so kind and patient with them - they always seem to have a great time.
A highlight for me this summer thus far was a night out with my mom and sister Rachel.  We went for a delicious dinner at Joey Tomatoes and then to the Jubilee to see "Wicked".  The production was awesome, I want to go again!  We had a great time together.

We bought Calaway passes again this year so our holiday wouldn't be complete without a few trips to Calaway.  We were able to go twice while Jason was on holidays.  Once with Uncle Ty and little Dane, and then again with just us.  The boys really enjoy Calaway.  Ashton is our daredevil and will go on anything that he is tall enough for.  Bowen is more timid and still enjoys the little rides like the train, trucks, boat etc.
This was the one and only time Bowen was smiling on this ride.  We've decided it will be his "last" ride on the bumper cars.  He cries EVERY TIME!!  If somebody runs into him - he cries, if he gets stuck in the corner - he cries, if his car just goes in circles - he cries!  I give up!!

Jason's brother Ty and his little boy Dane

Ashton loves the swing - I'm always nervous he's going to slip out!

Ashton tried the new "Mindblaster" - I can't believe the rides he will go on!
I was proud of Bowen this year as he tried the little roller coaster again - and liked it!
Ashton was so excited as he was tall enough to ride the big roller coaster this year - good grief!
I'm sure we'll be back for a few more visits before the end of summer.   Jason was off work this year during Stampede so we decided to take the boys.  We were going to go to the parade, but with all the royal hoopla we decided to skip it.  Mom came up and we headed for the stampede grounds.  The boys tried a few rides that they don't have at Calaway.
We watched the "human canonball" which was quite exciting. 

The boys checked out all the military tanks - a highlight for Bowen.

Of course, no Stampede is complete without Corn dogs, cotton candy, caramel apples, elephant ears, etc.  The boys had a great time.

We were also able to celebrate Uncle Ty's birthday with him and his family.

And no "stay-cation" is complete without roasting hotdogs and marshmallows in the backyard, and lots of swimming in the backyard pool.

Bowen ate 3 hotdogs!!
I hope everyone is having a fabulous summer!!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! they painted the dragons - thanks for including those pictures. Looks like a fantastic summer so far - I'll have to take one of my flex days at work and join you for some fun!

    ReplyDelete