Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Weigh In - Week 1

Well I weighed in this morning and this week I lost ...... (drum roll please)
3 lbs!!
Not bad for my first week.  To be honest I only kinda started on Monday.  We had company on the weekend - I didn't eat horribly, but probably more than I should have.  I've been eating so much better.  I've added way more fruits and vegetables and been cooking more.  We bought a Magic Bullet at Costco on Saturday (I swear you go in there for a sweater and come out with a canoe), so I've made a couple of fruit smoothies and that has been a nice treat.  The boys love them too! 

I exercised 3 times this week.  Oh my goodness I am so out of shape.  My first day I did a Jillian Michaels DVD - Level 1 (it has 3 levels).  Let's just say I need a sports bra before I give myself a black eye (sorry for the mental image).  The jumping jacks about killed me.  The next two times I did a power walking DVD, bit lower impact.  My goal this week is to workout at least 4 times.  I know I'm starting off slow but I want to keep going and not give up.

Time for breakfast.  I'm going to have oatmeal with blueberries - yummy!

3 comments:

  1. YEAH for you Lainie. But the picture you presented made me laugh outloud, doing those jumping jacks. You had a good week. I probably put on 3 pounds this week....HA, Good luck, you are on the right track.
    See you on the 7th.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job!!! I hate jumping jacks so much, I honestly don't think they do any good, the only thing I get out of jumping jacks is the sudden urge to pee! Would you mind if I started posting a weight loss journal too? I had thought about it in the fall, I know I do way better when I am accountable to someone! Let me know, oh, and thank you so much for the little tricycle and helmet for Calum, he absolutely loves it! See you guys later and again way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's awesome. jumping jacks make me pee my pants. Just wanted to add to the mental picture:)

    ReplyDelete