Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, July 5, 2011

July Long Weekend Fun

Our fun began on July 1st at our Ward Pancake Breakfast.  The food was yummy and I was in charge of games and treats for the kids.  We had a cookie face race (where you put an oreo cookie on your forehead and try to get it down to your mouth without using your hands)
We had three legged races, a tug of war over a little pool filled with water, and a pedometer head race (where we put a pedometer on a child's head to see how many times they could bob their head in 30 seconds).  The kids had lots of fun!!  After games I'd been asked to sing a song "Be Strong Ye Sons of Canada" and I accompanied myself on the guitar.  Then we sang O'Canada and the kids held little Canadian Flags and had a parade behind the bishop.

Now I want to apologize that the remainder of this blog has NO PICTURES.  I either forgot my camera everywhere we went and when I did remember to bring it the battery died!  The afternoon of the 1st we went to the Snider's for a barbecue.  It was great food and great company and we had a fabulous time.  Then we headed home to finish packing to go out to the farm for my home town's 100 Year Celebrations.  That night we all headed into Champion at 11:00 p.m. for the firework display.  I must admit I wasn't expecting much (after all Champion is just a little village), but the fireworks were awesome.  Some of the best I've seen.  So much fun - I oooded and awwwed as much as the kids. 

As we were walking back to the truck on the road beside the school Bowen says to me "this road sure has alot of rocks on it", it just struck me he doesn't even know what a gravel road is, I guess I'm raising some "city" kids!!

The next morning we went into town for a pancake breakfast and then the parade.  The parade was great.  Lots of fun floats, bands, and tractors of course.  The kids scored lots of candy and had a great time.  We spent the afternoon watching acrobats, looking at family displays, face painting, a musical program and seeing old friends, followed up by a beef on a bun supper.  I enjoyed being home and showing my boys where I grew up and running into people I haven't seen for years.  I'm grateful for my hometown.  It was a wonderful community to grow up in and I have so many good memories to cherish.

1 comment: