Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Appreciate Every Moment

Yesterday of course was Valentine`s Day.  Earlier in the day I received news that a friend of ours from our past ward had passed away during the night.  I was so saddened and shocked by this news.  She is just a few years older than me and was such a lovely lady.  We had just run into her and a couple of her kids at the mall a few weeks ago and had a nice chat.  She was in the back of my mind all day.

The kids had fun getting their valentines at school and came home with quite a haul.


My sweet husband brought me home some flowers.  I wasn`t expecting any as he had bought me some tulips last week.


I then taught piano until 8:30 p.m.  Jason had fed the kids and put them to bed.  Jason and I then watched a movie and had some sparkling apple juice and chocolate covered strawberries.


It was a nice ``love`` day!!  I don`t ever take my husband and children for granted, but yesterday Laura`s death reminded me how we need to enjoy every moment we have with our loved ones because we truly do not know what this life will bring us.  How grateful I am to know that I will have the people I love `forever` .

3 comments:

  1. What happened with your friend? Her poor family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not too sure yet. She just died in her sleep. I can't quite wrap my head around it. Her oldest daughter just got engaged, another daughter is in university, her son is in Grade 9 and her youngest daughter is only 11. It's so sad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is tragic. I don't like such sad news. I am so grateful for what I know or I don't think I could cope in this world with all the sadness.

    ReplyDelete