Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love of Reading

Bowen is loving kindergarten this year.  He loves his teachers, the kids in the class and the school.  We've also discovered that he is a very good reader.  For quite awhile he has been able to read the titles of his favorite shows, or signs on stores.  The other day his teacher sent home a list of must-know kindergarten words.  I quickly made the words into flashcards so I could work on them with Bowen.  We sat down to go through them - he knew every one!

This past week they have started home reading.  Each night he brings home a simple little book to read and then he has a reading log that he can do word work in.  Either draw a picture from the book, rhyming words, words directly from the book, etc.  So the first night he brought home his book he knew every word in it.  The next night the same thing.  Then he asked me to read his library books to him.  When we got them out he asked if he could try reading them.  I only had to help with a few of the words.

He is so proud and excited about this new skill.  I hope he always loves to read!
He can be pretty expressive when he reads!!
Doing his homework.

1 comment:

  1. That's great. It is so important that they love it. I can just picture him reading with expressions, and reading out loud. Maybe he doesn't read outloud I just assume since he plays his DS out loud:)

    ReplyDelete