Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, February 9, 2012

Wednesday Date Night!

This past weekend we had company.  Jason's mom and brother had been up visiting since Sunday.  Before they came we had planned that on Wednesday night all the adults would go out for dinner to celebrate Jason and Mitch's birthdays.  I usually teach until 7:30 p.m. on Wednesday but a couple of my students have been away and I'd be free after 6:30 p.m.  So I had lined up a babysitter and was looking forward to going out.  Well it turned out that plans changed and our company was heading home early. 

I was disappointed, to say the least!  So to appease his wife Jason suggested we still go out - after all the boys were so looking forward to seeing Sheri. 

Jason even bought me flowers!!

We went for a great dinner at a new place in Riverbend - Baton Rouge.  I'd definitely go back.  Menu items similar to The Keg and reasonable prices.  We started with a spinich/artichoke dip, Jason had some yummy ribs, and I had linguini primavera with chicken, and we finished with a delicious chocolate mousse.

Thanks Sheri for watching the boys - they always have so much fun with you.  It was a much needed break from our busy schedule and I enjoyed having some alone time with my husband.  Happy Date Night!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds yummy. I realized the other day that I miss flowers. It is totally my fault, I told Dave a couple years ago my opinion of flowers and he took it to heart. But I was thinking the other day, I really don't want them often but haven't had any in years. I miss that:) Stupid huh! Your kids really love Sheri don't they. That is nice. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete