Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Girls' Weekend

This past weekend my sister Rachel and her daughter Freya came up for a girls' weekend with Cadence and me.  Who would have ever thought with Rachel being 11 years younger than me that we'd have little girls 6 months apart?  It is such a blessing. They came up on Thursday night and after playing for a little bit the girls were off to bed.  Rachel and I stayed up too late watching TV and talking.

Friday morning we took the girls for brunch at Cora's.  Always a yummy breakfast.  Cadence loves eating at restaurants.



After breakfast, we went to the library for awhile so the girls could play.  The library by our house has a huge play area with lots of different activities.

The girls put on plays on the stage.  I think Cadence was inspired after seeing Bowen in his school play.



When we got home we put a movie in for the girls and Rachel did their nails for them.  I think this was what Cadence was looking forward to the most.




My fabulous husband offered to babysit so Rachel and I could go out for dinner and a movie.  We had a great time.  We went to Milestones for dinner and then to the movie Game Night.  I laughed so hard.  I love spending time with my sister.  I'm so grateful we have a close relationship.  I hope our girls are always best friends.


Saturday, Jason made us a nice breakfast and then we did a bit of shopping (the girls got new shoes) before Rachel and Freya headed home. I hope this girls weekend was the first of many!!

No comments:

Post a Comment