Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Friday, May 4, 2018

30 Reasons Not to Be in a Play

Last night was Bowen's final performance in his school play.  These school plays are such a huge commitment.  Auditions were in October and they have been rehearsing 2 - 3 times per week since January.  Bowen loves every moment of it.  This week consisted of 2 matinees and 3 evening performances.

The play was called "30 Reasons Not to Be in a Play".  Explaining the pitfalls and bad experiences to be had if you ever were in a play.  It was pretty funny and we all really enjoyed it.  It was great that my cousin Sheri was able to join us.  I know it meant a lot to Bowen.  Bowen was in 3 scenes.  It was a huge cast with 55 kids from Grades 5 - 9.

Bowen was really pleased he got a little monologue that he presented on stage by himself.  I asked him to say it for me last night so I could record it.  He felt really weird, but I finally convinced him.


I'm very proud of my performer. Til next year's play!

John




They gave each of the performers a flower - such a nice thought.






2 comments:

  1. Way to go Bowen. Although I have to say I was a little disappointed to not read a funny list of 30 things. I am glad he enjoyed it. It is such a huge commitment. Cora always did it through basketball and rugby. It was exhausting. Bowen seems natural at drama. I hope he gets many more chances to perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always a highlight for me to watch Bowen in his performances. Sorry I missed it. Thanks Lalainia for the little taste of the play. You are a natural, Bowen. Love Grandma P

    ReplyDelete