Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Monday, May 7, 2018

In Memory of Kenneth David - 10 Years

Wednesday, May 2nd, 2018 marked the 10th anniversary of the stillbirth of our precious baby boy Kenneth David.  I spent a quiet day thinking of him.  I burned a candle in remembrance and brought out his picture Jason drew and his little teddy bear the hospital gave us.  I looked through his memory box and had a little cry.


Jason was away on business this week so on Sunday we sat down as a family and talked about Kenny and what we were grateful for.  Since it has been 10 years we came up with 10 things.

In Memory of Kenny - 10 Things We Are Grateful For:

1. Grateful for no outward physical disformities other than his clenched hands, he was perfect.

2. Grateful for the months that I could feel him in my stomach and bond with him.

3. Grateful for the memories of his burial in Champion.

4. Grateful for his pouty little lips and chubby cheeks, looked so much like his brothers.

5. Grateful for the strength gained from the experience.

6.  Grateful for the bonding Jason and my dad had (building the casket together, etc.)

7. Grateful that I was able to carry him long enough that we were able to bury him.

8.  Grateful that we could have his baby sister to complete our family.

9.  Grateful that we didn't watch him die or suffer.

10. Grateful for the love felt for a little brother that he never got to meet.

It felt good to express our feelings and support one another.  We finished up with celebrating what would have been his birthday with cake.  The boys wanted to know why I bought pink!  Ha ha!



I can't believe it has been 10 years.  The memories are still so vivid.  Time, or probably more so perspective and strength from our faith has lessened the grief and pain.  I'm grateful for his short but meaningful life.  I know where he is, I know he is with our Savior and that someday we will be reunited as a family.  What a blessing to have this knowledge in my life.  So grateful for my family.


1 comment:

  1. Loved all your ten thoughts Lainie.

    Nice you can have happy memories and yes, knowing you will hold and see him again. Love you.

    ReplyDelete