Blog Title Explanation

"Oh I Know" is a phrase used by Sybil Fawlty on one of my favorite shows - Fawlty Towers. I find I say it alot too!



Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter Fun

This past weekend we were able to celebrate Easter as a family.  We were expecting some company.  My mom, Jason's mom, brother and nephew Zach were all coming to stay for the weekend.  When we have company we usually have Bowen sleep in Ashton's bedroom on the bunkbeds so we can put someone in Bowen's room.  I told Bowen that Grandma was coming and was going to sleep in his room so could he please go and straighten up his bedroom.  Awhile later Bowen called down to me that his room was all ready.
Needless to say we had a bit more work to do.

Everyone arrived Saturday night.  Sunday morning the boys hunted for their Easter baskets that the Easter bunny had left for them.

After we all headed to church.  Jason was the only member of our bishopric there that day so he conducted sacrament meeting and I was able to sing a vocal solo "Gethsemane" by Sally Deford.  It is such a powerful piece, I'm so glad I had the opportunity to sing it.  I saw a few wet eyes so I hope it touched those that heard it.    Then off to primary where I had sharing time.  We read scriptures about Jesus' crucifixion and resurrection and for each scripture I had an easter egg with an object in it that represented the scripture.  I think the kids really enjoyed it - they listened and had fun passing around the objects.  I love working with the primary children, they have such a special spirit and a hunger to learn the gospel.

After church we came home and Jason and the boys coloured easter eggs while I got dinner ready.  Of course, I forgot to take any pictures - but here is a picture of the finished product.

Jason's brother Tyler, his wife Jill and their little boy Dane were able to join us for dinner.  We had ham with glaze, asparagus with hollandaise sauce, scalloped potatoes, green salad, jello salad and mom's homemade buns.  I must say it was so delicious.  For dessert we had banana cream pie, and Jason had made a chocolate pie that was so good!!
Jason wanted me to show the different layers - it really was delicious, and so easy!
It was so nice to spend Easter with some of my family.  I love all the fun traditions that go with Easter, but especially for my knowledge of the sacrifice my elder brother Jesus Christ made for me.  Holidays without my Dad are so hard, and I always think of baby Kenny and Steve and so many other love ones I've lost and how because of the atonement we can all live again and I'll see them all and that brings me such comfort.  How grateful I am - I am truly blessed.  HAPPY EASTER

2 comments:

  1. I loved the cleaning job. Glad you showed the layers in the pie. Otherwise we never really know what is inside:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Easter Bunny sure knows how to pack a basket. Spoiled little boys for sure, (but they deserve it). Holidays are a time when I think of all our loved ones that have left us too. Makes is hard that is for sure but always good to remember all the good times we had with them. I will be thinking about you tomorrow. Love you.

    ReplyDelete